God so loved the world that He gave, gave us what we needed most, a Savior. And this giving continues – it never stops!
• He gave at the cross – John 3:16
• He gives us grace today interceding in heaven – Hebrews 7:25
• He gives us His law so we can rightly define what true love is – Romans 13:10; 7:7
• He gives us the Holy Spirit to help us rightly understand love and apply it to our lives – John 16:13
• He gives us motivation to obey – 1 John 4:19; John 14:15
• He gives us power to obey – Philippians 2:13; John 1:12; Ezekiel 36:27
• He even gives us balanced love for self – 2 Timothy 1:7; Galatians 5:14; Ephesians 5:25
If God gives us all these gifts, what is our responsibility? It is to accept His love and to live a transformed life in obedience to His command. It is possible because all His biddings are enablings. Just as the Father strengthened Christ, so He will never ask us to do something He won’t give us the power to accomplish.